Thursday, May 19, 2011

Candy Heaven-Sacramento,CA

So I was looking over some old photos from last Thanksgiving, and wanted to share a little about some of the sweet stops I had seen along the way. Our first candy crawl was in Sacramento, California at Old Sacramento (which is really quaint and cute btw if you haven't been www.oldsacramento.com)  


They have quite a few little sweet shops however, this shop was really unique. The store is called Candy Heaven, and the name says it all.  There's candy all over the walls, and candy filled barrels stuffed around the store. What really tops it all is that they let you eat all the candy you want as long as you consume it in the store. Don't try being sneaky or greedy either. As friendly as are about letting you indulge, the employees do keep a watchful eye on any sticky fingers trying to take any outside.  


 They have everything from your typical candy store items such as salt water taffy, gummies, lollipops, fudge; but they also carry imported and hard to find old fashioned candies. 

I took about three trips around the store, and after having a few treats, I made my to the counter to check out. There was however, a "special" container that they had tucked behind the counter labeled crickets. I asked the sales girl what the container had inside and without even a squeamish look she replied that they were chocolate covered crickets; and since they were in the store, I was more than welcome to try them before leaving. It's not normal of me, but I figured since I was out of town that there was no harm in trying something new (even though I was only one state over haha). The chocolate crickets were crunchy and tasted like hay. 


It didn't taste gross or juicy like they make it seem on shows like Fear Factor, but it's not something I'll be buying in bulk any time soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment