Monday, May 30, 2011

Garrett Popcorn Shop©- Chicago,IL



Now that I was out of town, and my family was left at home to work, my mom asked me to pick her up some Garrett's Popcorn while I was in town. This popcorn shop is a tourist and local destination, and they're known for their famous freshly made popcorn. It's so popular, that it was named one of Oprah's Favorite Things © in 2010, and at times, it's not uncommon to see a line standing outside the doors. There are several locations around Chicago, and are found near most Chicago landmarks such as the Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, and the Oriental Theater. They do have other locations in the Chicago area that can be found at http://www.garrettpopcorn.com.


Garrett's has about nine different flavors to choose from which include CaramelCrisp®  (caramel covered popcorn), CheeseCorn® (cheddar cheese), Plain, Buttery, CashewCaramelCrisp®, AlmondCaramelCrisp®, PecanCaramelCrisp®, MacadamiaCaramelCrisp®, and my favorite, The Chicago Mix, which is a blend of the CaramelCrisp® and CheeseCorn®. They traditionally come in wax paper bags, and you have the option of choosing from the different sizes. Even for a sweet lover like me, a small bag was more than enough for me to share with one other person. Their portions are generous, and the prices aren't that bad; the small running around $5, and upward by size (if purchased by bag, ordering online requires them to send it in a tin which becomes a little more expensive). They do offer tin options both online and in store, and you are welcome to pick more than one flavor per tin, tin design, and tin size.  



Garrett's is best when consumed fresh, and when you get it straight out of the store, it's always warm and fresh. I made the mistake of buying my popcorn for my mom a day before I left, and she wasn't able to experience the true flavor of Garrett's Popcorn. I wish I had known that there was a location at the O'Hare airport, it would have made the popcorn a little fresher when it arrived back to my mom, but oh well :/. For those of you traveling to Chicago out of O'Hare International Airport, make sure to pick up your bag before leaving instead of making my same mistake, your gift recipient will be glad you did ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment